Go Back   Classic Rock Forum > Forum Information > Forum Help, Suggestions, Feedback

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Forum Help, Suggestions, Feedback If you need help with the forum/posting, or have a suggestion or just want to make a comment, please post in this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2014, 02:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jet
Midway Up The Ceiling

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Default Personal Video isn't playing???? (Resolved)

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
I cannot get my personal video to play? it was fine, until about a week ago. Now it won't play. Is anyone else having this problem?

In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind. - Job 12:10
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 04:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Jet
Midway Up The Ceiling

Update: I always had http at the beginning and it played until about a week ago. On a whim I changed it to https, and now it plays all the time.

In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind. - Job 12:10
Old 12-08-2014, 05:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Rockin' Out

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Youtube videos, specifically that profile video, seems to constantly break on this site. Will work great for months, then it busts for no apparent reason. Sometimes the problem rectifies itself, other times it takes someone digging into the hack that allows it to find out what changed. Takes an admin to figure that out since us mods don't have access to it.
Lynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 05:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Just listening music

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

I had the same problem Jet. Until I used your s addition and it works fine. Thanks!!
Old 12-09-2014, 03:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
The New Kid In Town

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Exact same situation here - glad you posted this Jet, my video is working fine again now I've tried your tweak to the code.

Thank you very much!

'Come on you target for faraway laughter, come on you stranger you legend you martyr and shine!'
Jonny Come Lately is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 01:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
Jet
Midway Up The Ceiling

Thanks guys! You made my day! @electric funeral and @Jonny Come Lately

I'm so glad it worked. It was driving me nutty. I did look at other people's and saw that most were not working, but I thought it was my computer at first, until I saw that some people's were working. I thought it was the song, so I changed it, and it still did not work. Like I said, I just stuck the "s" in there on a "feeling." Happy listening!!

Old 12-10-2014, 02:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
I AM SOOT!

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)

I'm glad that this was rectified. I wasn't on my PC over the last night and only hasd my tablet which is just clumsy on the forum. I was going to tinker around tonight but saw it was rectified. I know that we've had to change the way the coding is done at least once based on changes youtube has made but Lynch is also right that it's seemingly glitchy and inconsistent with certain videos. I've had to refresh my page before and then it's worked fine. I think I'll sticky this and add resolved for others having the same issue.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
Jet
Midway Up The Ceiling

Originally Posted by Soot and Stars View Post
I'm glad that this was rectified. I wasn't on my PC over the last night and only had my tablet which is just clumsy on the forum. I was going to tinker around tonight but saw it was rectified. I know that we've had to change the way the coding is done at least once based on changes youtube has made but Lynch is also right that it's seemingly glitchy and inconsistent with certain videos. I've had to refresh my page before and then it's worked fine. I think I'll sticky this and add resolved for others having the same issue.
Hopefully, this will work for awhile. I too had to refresh my page, and it worked for a little while, but in the last week, nothing worked. I'm so glad Google bought YouTube.

Old 12-10-2014, 02:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
I AM SOOT!

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Hopefully, this will work for awhile. I too had to refresh my page, and it worked for a little while, but in the last week, nothing worked. I'm so glad Google bought YouTube.
Right?
Old 12-10-2014, 02:30 AM   #10 (permalink)
Jet
Midway Up The Ceiling

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
Originally Posted by Soot and Stars View Post
Right?
HA! HA! I refused to join Google +, but I guessed the "s!"