Go Back   Classic Rock Forum > Forum Information > CRF Site Announcements

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

CRF Site Announcements This forum is for staff / site announcements, birthdays, or any other announcement you want the community to read.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2017, 01:49 PM   #21 (permalink)
Walking down a dusty road

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
You have to admit Magic, all those forums, the ones that have been around for years, are all gone and yet, CRF is still up and running. This site will never disappear as it seems the staff and member base here will always strive to keep it going. I will never shut it down, even if there were 2 posts a day on here.

I can't believe the others would just close up shop. Why not give other people a chance to run it rather then just shut it down. Never understood that.
Thanks to all who keep it going. Long live CRF
Old 07-08-2017, 09:57 PM   #22 (permalink)
Woman of the World

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
You have to admit Magic, all those forums, the ones that have been around for years, are all gone and yet, CRF is still up and running. This site will never disappear as it seems the staff and member base here will always strive to keep it going. I will never shut it down, even if there were 2 posts a day on here.

I can't believe the others would just close up shop. Why not give other people a chance to run it rather then just shut it down. Never understood that.

It's a @Shaggy sighting!

You're right about most of the old forums being all gone. There are a few out there, like my old hippe free speech forum. They just upgraded not long ago to an Ipb board (if that's considered an upgrade) and used to run VBulletin 2.1. That forum is the biggest forum I have ever been on and is still a booming place.

i hate to see any forum close up, but sometimes an owner just doesn't want to spend the money or time anymore and moves on to a more lucrative adventure. It would be cool, though, if they would give their license to someone who wanted to carry on a forum legacy.

I am very happy.......elated......that you will never close CRF!

Magic is offline   Reply With Quote